The famed Charming Skin & Vein Clinics offer numerous types of laser-based procedures to cure venal issues, such as spider skin and varicose veins. One of the most technologically advanced and minimally invasive techniques is sclerotherapy. Although this ultrasound-guided therapy has been around for decades now to cure varicose veins and spider skin, not many people are yet aware of the procedure it follows. So, here we present a brief know how of sclerotherapy that will enable you to know this process closely and better:
1. What is meant by sclerotherapy: As informed above, sclerotherapy in Chicago is an ultrasound technology that helps to cure varicose veins and spider skin. This process requires injecting a saline solution in the affected areas, which helps to collapse the lining of the blood vessels in the required areas. This further makes the blood in that particular region clot and form scar tissue. With time, when the scar tissue heals, the spider skin and varicose veins shall no longer be seen.
2. What to expect during the procedure: The doctors at Charming Skin & Vein Clinics in Orland Park shall use a fine needle to inject the saline solution into the affected veins. You may get uncomfortable for a couple of minutes and even experience cramps in case the veins are larger. Sclerotherapy of veins in our Chicago, Oak Brook and Orland Park-based clinics take about 15 minutes to complete. However, it mostly depends on how much area will be treated in a single sessions and the depth of the veins. But, you must refrain yourself from going for aerobic exercises for a couple of days after the treatment.
3. How to prepare for sclerotherapy: Our famed doctors in Chicago for sclerotherapy will review you thoroughly before you go for the procedure. In case you are into certain medication which you should not use prior to the therapy, your doctors will prevent you from using so. Generally, it is prescribed not to get your skin tanned before the procedure nor apply any lotion to your legs just before the treatment. However, in case you have to take anti-inflammatory drugs, Tylenol is the best.
4. What to expect after the treatment: Since it is a minimally invasive treatment, you should be fine enough to walk or drive back home alone right after the procedure. And since walking aids in circulation, it is always recommended that you incorporate walking into your regular exercise schedule to be as fit as ever! Furthermore, avoid taking anti-inflammatory medications, hot showers, saunas, hot compress, and direct sunlight for at least a couple of days after the procedure. Do wear compression leggings and consult with your doctor if they are tight enough after sclerotherapy of vein treatment in Chicago.
5. Is the treatment effective: Of course, it is! In fact, with each sitting of sclerotherapy in Chicago, you can eliminate at least 50 to 80% of varicose veins. While it takes about six weeks for the signs of spider skin to reside, varicose veins takes about two months to disappear completely.